down for product descriptions
Mounting Insulators for components have
been the mainstay of a product line that can
be considered as basic hardware designed to
assist in the fabrication of more reliable assemblies.
Our Mounting Insulators have been designed
to ensure product reliability by:
1. uniformly spacing and insulating the component from the printed circuitry.
Our extensive line of insulators, though designed specifically for capacitors, diodes, resistors, DIPS, relays, and transistors, can also be used
to mount other components such as trim potentiometers, LEDS, integrated circuits, etc.
2. providing clearance to allow solder-fillet formation on double-sided printed circuit boards.
3. permitting flush cleaning of solder-flux residues.
4. allowing inspection of solder-fillets.
5. permitting improved conversion air cooling.
6. helping prevent moisture entrapment due to condensation.
7. reducing the effect of shock and vibration by providing a secure, permanent mounting base.
8. protecting the component from overheating during soldering by increasing the effective lead length between the component and the printed circuit
Generally all of the products on this
site are molded using high temperature Liquid
Crystal Polymer (Vectra®), however, there are
several parts that are molded of Diallyl
Phthalate. The part numbers in this site must be
suffixed 'D' or 'V' in order to be complete. The letter is
in reference to the material from which the parts are molded;
i.e. D=Diallyl Phthalate or V=Vectra®.
Properties of Liquid Crystal Polymer (Vectra®)
Properties of Diallyl Phthalate
Vectra® is a registered trademark of Hoechst Celanese Corporation.